For more than 55 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific instruments and high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, improved productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy and nanoanalysis, and in industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical phenomics and proteomics research, microbiology and molecular pathology research. For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with cross-functional team including Sales, Product Management and Product development engineers to develop new or customized products
o Work with Product management and Sales to define product requirements
o Work with the local engineering design team to define requirements for custom hardware and software
o Provide testing and feedback of the performance of new hardware and software to verify that the product meets all specifications.
o Write operation manuals for the new equipment
o Work with manufacturing to establish pass fail criteria and to create QC test procedures and provide training for same.
o Provide documentation and training to field service Engineering on how to set-up and use the product.
o Establish test procedures with the Field Service Team for customer site acceptance tests.
o Work with Sales Applications to support writing application notes for the new product. Design and conduct tribology experiments, collect data and present in a manner to demonstrate the capability of the product.
• Design Validation testing of hardware and software for new or custom products.
o Provide validation testing of new hardware for new products to verify that the new design meets all product requirements. Provide detailed feedback on any required areas of improvements.
o Work with the software team to provide validation testing of new software. Provide bug reports and feedback to the software team. • Work on hardware troubleshooting/upgrades
• Possess good interpersonal and people management skills
• Maintain and present status reports on scheduled projects • Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Broad working experience performing standard Tribology tests including Ball/pin on disk, Block on Ring and Reciprocating tests. Familiarity with ASTM and equivalent international test standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication in English.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Works precisely and pays close attention to details
• Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge. Excellent skills with hand tools.
• Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• A thorough working knowledge of Windows 10;
Requires a PhD in Materials Science, Physics or Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 10 years of experience.