SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Japan region is an important market for instruments used in material science, green energy, life sciences, nanotechnology, and semiconductor. Japanese market has a room to grow and need to show Bruker AFM presence, especially in academia, material science and advanced manufacturing. To enhance the pre-sales application support and customer satisfaction, we are requisitioning a sales-application scientist based in Japan. This person needs to be eager to get orders and has a strong passion to win against competitors with self-confidence. The application scientist will cover Bruker Nano Surface products, especially AFM-IR and AFMi.
The sales-application scientist works closely with sales team to accelerate sales processes in Japan, providing following supports (covering the complete Bruker Nano AFMi, AFM-IR product lines).
1. Using sample measurements, lab demonstrations & live presentations, present the strengths of our products and technologies to customers, helping customers understand the benefits of the solution we provide.
2. Work together with Marcom on marketing events, including workshops, user meetings, conferences, exhibitions, and trade shows.
3. Help sales team understanding the requirements of customers’ applications by customer visits, discussions etc. In addition, drive customer to same goal as the joint venture concept.
4. Frequently communication with US AFM-IR team and establish the best way for each application.
5. Organize advanced training courses for customers.
6. Technical support for post-sales issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent inter-personal communication skills
2. A positive team player, self-motivated with strong analytical skills
3. Fluent in English and Japanese.
4. Microsoft power point, excel, word experience.
5. MatLab, Igor, Origin software experience is preferable skill.
1. Master or Ph.D in Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, Electrochemistry and Semiconductor materials.
2. 3 years+ experience of FT-IR and chemical analysis for organic and inorganic materials
3. 5 years prior work and/or study experience in relevant fields.
4. Technical background in AFM and/or other surface characterization techniques is preferred.