As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents. Since October 2018 Hain Lifescience SA (PTY) Ltd. is part of the Bruker family. Hain is a leader in diagnostics, disease management and patient care. Hain provides the customer with expert knowledge and commitment to help those countries successfully combat mycobacteria and the diseases they cause.
The primary objective of the General Manager is to be the direct representative of the SA legal entity. He/She is capable of making sound decisions on behalf of Hain Lifescience. The General Manager must possess good administrative, public relations and maintenance skills necessary to enhance overall operations. He/She will make suggestions/recommendations that could enhance or streamline operations, will perform or supervise certain construction and maintenance functions and be available to assist maintenance personnel in performing required duties.
The General Manager will have full supervisory control over Hain Lifescience South Africa employees. He/she will recruit, hire and train other personnel for permitted areas and resolve personnel problems, will handle complaints, infractions, etc., which are referred to him/her and take necessary action to resolve these situations. He/She will ensure public relations are handled in a courteous and professional manner, both from oneself and other Hain employees.
Establish the use of Hain Lifescience products by National TB Control Programs in Southern African countries as well as to establish and maintain the use of Hain Lifescience products by major private hospitals and institutions in the above mentioned area
- Overseeing the operational, financial and legal affairs of the corporation and the management and maintenance of Hain Lifescience.
- Hiring and supervision of, and administering benefits for, and provides leadership to assist staff in functioning as a team.
- Leadership in maintaining a productive, cost-effective, safe and legal workplace.
- Guides and advises the headquarter in Germany.
- Administer the affairs of the corporation in accordance with organizational policies.
- Proactively provide information, history, continuity, support and guidance to Hain Lifescience Germany.
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the headquarter and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
- Research and write discussion papers, analysis documents and proposals as needed to assist Hain Lifescience Germany organization in determining and meeting its long and short term goals.
- Oversee preparation of an Annual Report summarizing progress on short and long range plans.
- Ensure representation at conferences and keep the headquarter and staff informed of co-op and other relevant issues and activities.
- Provide vision regarding overall financial health of the ICC.
- Provide vision and leadership in long-range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and solvency
- Provide recommendations regarding effective utilization of long and short term debt, including refinancing and purchasing/sales
- Provide recommendations regarding investments and cash strategies.
- Oversee preparation of annual budget, regular variance statements and annual audit
- Develop annual plan for staffing
- Hire, supervise, evaluate and, if necessary dismiss staff members
- Oversee workplace operations, including holding staff meetings and retreats, and working with staff to maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that all staff members receive appropriate training to perform their jobs effectively.
- Collaboration with international NGO´s in the use of Hain Lifescience products
- Co-ordinate the use of Hain products between public and private sectors in the region
- Organize seminars and workshops in Southern Africa
- Have latest information including research studies at finger tips in the world of diagnostics especially TB and mycobacteriology
- Develop and present standardized trainings to laboratory personnel and other target groups as the need arises.
- Participate and improve on sales of equipment, reagents and other consumables through education of customers on new products in Hain Lifescience range or better use of Hain Lifescience products already in the labs.
- Quotations to customers
- Pin-point new areas of expansion for use of Hain Lifescience products.
- Handle customer complaints, technical service and troubleshooting for all Hain Lifescience products
- Be part of the Hain Lifescience team in the implementation of business plans and strategies.
- Co-ordinate working of evaluations of new products as need arises
- Set-up a regional training lab in South Africa for all Hain Lifescience existing and future customers
- Coordination and supervision of studies
- Planning and organizing of congresses
- Represent Hain Lifescience at congresses
The duties will entail all, but not limited to, the above. Hain Lifescience may require you to take on other duties towards fulfillment of company objectives and strategies.