Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, Production Materials Control,The Purchasing Agent is responsible for maintaining effective relationships with suppliers and for the timely purchase of supplies, parts and other materials as required. Both through processing requisitions and by analyzing and taking action on purchased parts requirements generated by the MRP system (SAP) to support production, maintenance, capital improvements and safety.
This position will focus on obtaining maximum value for Bruker BEST by managing suppliers, cost, quality and service targets as outlined by purchasing management.
Inventory control and implementing FIRST (fully integrated right stock technology) are key responsibilities to secure smooth and best cost production supply.
• Purchase of raw materials, services, tools, parts, and other supplies from established vendors. Negotiations with vendors and with strategic suppliers on all costs.
• Responsibility for cost comparison and purchase of materials and services required to support various production, R&D and sales requirements.
• Preparation of purchase orders for raw materials, MRO items and for products requiring outside operations to be performed at external locations using SAP-MM
• Taking all necessary actions to insure that all technical specifications are included in the Purchase Order and adhered to by the supplier.
• Insure that spending authorization levels are adhered to and proper sign off is obtained.
• Maintenance of ERP system data relating to Suppliers, Parts, Lead times, lot size and specifications on a permanently basis.(Basic data in SAP-MM)
• Communication on a daily basis with manufacturing and outside suppliers to ensure continuous product flow and on time delivery of parts/products requiring outside services.
• Procurement market studies to develop new sources of supplies where feasible and negotiates prices to achieve the lowest possible total cost of ownership.
• Creation and Maintenance of KPI data for the BEST organization, suppliers and feedback information on supplier ratings.
• Locate, develop, evaluate, and select new vendors with input from appropriate supervisors and staff. Meet with vendors of new products to determine cost savings.
• Identification and elimination of obsolete inventory in collaboration with production and sales
• Follow through on current orders, status reporting and updating as required.
• Communication with vendors on a daily basis to follow-up on the status of purchase orders and the timely communication to the Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager or Production Manager regarding any delays, problems, or cost changes.
• Follow up on back orders to ensure parts will be received on the required date. Coordinates timely returns of unusable parts.
• Oversee and perform physical inventories, cycle counts and incoming verification when necessary. Track down discrepancies between physical count and computer data and takes corrective action.
• Communicate as needed with shipping companies and shipping personnel for review of orders returning from external suppliers (Service orders)
• Convert/Inputs requisition data into SAP Purchase Orders
• Work in projects to meet milestones and deadlines.
• Being a teamplayer, having social competence
• Good oral and written skills
• Negotiation and persuasion skills
• Very good skills in problem solving and conflict management
• Leading by influence and ability to deal with different cultures
• Ability to work under pressure
• Perseverance and motivation
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and conscious
• Technical understanding / ability to read blue prints
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 4 years in purchasing / supply chain management experience
• Project Management Certfication
• Proficiency in the MS Windows Suite with an emphasis on MS Excel and Outlook.
• Proficiency in the MS Project
• APICS and / or ISM and / or REFA certification a plus
• Manages multiple projects / tasks simultaneously and demonstrates ability to plan, set priorities, organizes and coordinates work with others.
• SAP-MM and SAP-PP experience highly desirable, SAP Certification preferred
• Strong level of financial analysis
• Experience in systems and process development to improve Purchasing effectiveness.
• Understanding of customs regulations (USA – Germany)
• Fluent in German would be a plus
Regularly domestic and some international travel is required up to 20% of working time