- Degree in material science, chemical engineering, chemistry or physics (B.Sc. minimum, M.Sc. is preferred).
- Prior experience in a semiconductor fab. Good knowledge of materials engineering basics (thermodynamics, kinetics, diffusion, basic crystallography etc).
- Familiarity with metrology and characterization techniques (preferably hands-on work and results analysis). Experience in matching and mis-match analysis of the different techniques preferred. Experience in XRF and classical XRR or, XRD or HRXRD,or SAXS, Ellipsometry, AFM, or OCD preferred.
- Good knowledge in statistics and data analysis. Experience in metrology preferred.
- Fluent in English and experience in technical writing
- Demonstrated oral & written communications and interpersonal relationship skills, particularly intercultural skills; strong customer orientation.
- Ability to work and be creative under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Self-organized and self-disciplined. Ability to work alone and within a team environment to solve problems. Experience working in the semiconductor industry and familiarity with problem analysis and troubleshooting techniques.
Position located in either Portland, Oregon or Boise, Idaho
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Prior experience working in a semiconductor fab as an employee or vendor.
- Positive “can do” attitude, a highly motivated self-starter.
- Relishes working in a performance-driven environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with internal and external customers and support groups within Bruker
- Resourceful, proactive, meticulous.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve shared goals, but also equally comfortable working independently when required.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Goal oriented with good track record in achieving targets.
- Strong technical background - able to understand the problems that our customers are trying to solve, understanding of the customer’s current and future metrology requirements, and able to recommend new metrology opportunities to Bruker.
- Solid understanding of semiconductor metrology requirements.
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally on short notice. Expect 30% - 50% travel.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.