As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions serving clinical, applied and research market.
The Bruker Microbiology and Diagnostic (M&D) business area covers a portfolio of market-leading products serving the microbiology and diagnostic industry. The microbiological portfolio includes the MALDI Biotyper for fast microorganisms’ identification and resistance testing, the IR Biotyper for easy and straight-forward strains’ typing, molecular diagnostic kits for culture free bacteria and fungi identification and resistance marker detection and a biochemical based platform for specialty antibiotic susceptibility testing. Bruker has recently expanded their presence in microbiology, especially in the fields of tuberculosis testing, and in virology infectious disease MDx markets.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for analyzing clinical markets addressable by the Bruker’s M&D product portfolio and has to develop go-to-market strategies. The role includes to create market demand for the M&D products in Japan. Achieving commercial targets in close collaboration with the commercial team is an important part of the function.
• Develop and implement effective marketing/sales strategies
• Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
• Achieve business plan objectives for new order bookings in Japan
• Perform market research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
• Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs
• Liaise with Marketing and Sales department to align sales strategies
• Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure close collaboration with the commercial team
• Manage/support Bruker partners’ sales activities and channel if necessary
• Effective manage business and travel expenses
•Experience in IVD industry, knowledge in microbiology and/or molecular diagnostics
•An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
•Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
•Strong communication skills, fluent in English
•Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
•Availability to travel as needed
•Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
Education and/or Experience:
BA/BS degree in relevant scientific fields (microbiology, biology)
Business development and sales experience in medical device, diagnostic or relevant field