As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibility of an Assembler IV is to build, test and trouble-shoot precision electro-mechanical assemblies. The position requires the ability to understand and analyze assembly documentation, the ability to perform precision soldering, and ability to use production tooling and test equipment. A high level of competency trouble shooting electro-mechanical assemblies is required. Calibration of electronic assemblies using DVM’s and O-scopes is also required. This position will also require the individual to effectively interface with R&D and M.E. to provide detailed feedback on product build and test issues, and aid in new product releases.
- Request parts from stock utilizing appropriate methods
- Ability to use SAP as needed to perform essential job functions
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Interfacing with ME and R&D, prototype builds, builds verbal and limited written instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to edit and redline work instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to represent production and provide assembly input when required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide design input and advise on building test/assembly fixtures.
- Precision soldering skill.s
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Critical attention to minute details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve production related problems.
- Flexible to continuous improvement activities.
- Good eyesight
- Exceptional hand dexterity for small parts assembly
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to hip height
- Alert to the environment to avoid hazards in the work place
- Orderly, keeping work environment clean and organized