As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Working from our Melbourne Office as a Service and Applications Engineer in our Biospin Division you will be joining a small team of engineer’s located interstate. You will be the primary support for our local Melbourne customers but will also travel throughout Australia, New Zealand and regionally when required. This role covers all aspects of after-sales instrumentation, technical and applications support including: installation, training, calibration, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance. The individual must be customer oriented with a strong technical background and able to work autonomously while also staying in close contact with the local team. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a fully maintained company car. Initial and ongoing comprehensive training will be provided in our factory in Europe.
• Responsible for installation, validation, commissioning and applications support of magnetic resonance instrumentation, spectroscopy, imaging, NMR and MRI
• Perform on-site troubleshooting, service repairs, preventive maintenance and training.
• Provide technical and applications support either via onsite visits or remotely.
• Liaise with global cross functional work teams such as field applications, customer support, product management, manufacturing and sales.
• Handle all service calls professionally and maintain proper documentation.
• Provide local & regional support as required.
• Maintain service stock, installation and testing equipment.
• Receive deliveries and organise packing and shipping of parts to customers.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications.
• Background in Magnetic Resonance with a good understanding of experiment setup and troubleshooting.
• Experience in service and repair of instrumentation.
• Experience and interest in areas such as superconducting magnets, vacuum technology, RF technology, instrument control via PC’s running Windows and Linux.
• Team player, friendly and with a positive attitude and high level of initiative.
• Strong decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Customer oriented with excellent communication skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to work in a fast paced environment.
• Able to work both independently and to interact with local and overseas factory support.