As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The Quality Instrumentation Engineer reduces process variation via the improvement and standardization of manufacturing standard instructions [MSIs], measurement systems, and QA processes within the ISO 9001:2015 structure to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Provides prompt and effective feedback to Bruker OST customers.
• Ensures compliance with all customer-specific requirements and specifications.
• Participates in investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective/preventive action initiatives.
• Proactively identifies process drift through data trends and other statistical analysis.
• Collaborates with Value Stream Management Team members to improve internal processes and systems via enhanced MSIs [manufacturing standard instructions].
• Develops and implements targeted training programs a variety of Value Stream processes.
• Conducts process audits to ensure compliance with CTQs.
• Maintain Bruker OSTs measurements standards library and measurement tools.
• Ensures the improvement and standardization of QC measurement systems programming data acquisition through both user interface and machine data (e.g. LabView).
• Troubleshoots QC measurement tools problems in support of production team.
• Collaborates with Bruker OST IT team to create streamlining tools in the enhancement of Bruker OST’s QA processes.
• Conduct internal audits for the ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System.
• BS in Engineering and or equivalent in Engineering related field, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
5+ years working in a Quality manufacturing environment with proven success in process and QA improvements
• Proficiency in business intelligence information systems/and databases (SQL, Java Script, Visio, data query, Excel Pivot Table) for data analysis ASQ CQE/CQA or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred.
• Labview programming skill is highly desired.
• Improve supplier quality through effective Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) and supplier scorecard management.
• Ability to troubleshoot production related process issues.
• Business Analyst skills to solicit, document user and process requirements, and translate into specs for software and/or process development.
• Demonstrated ability in the application of process improvement tools, such as: process mapping and measuring, root cause analysis and statistical process control.
• Experience of performing internal audits.
• Good organizational/project management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, quality driven environment.
• Ability to prioritize and apply sound judgement to act decisively to achieve objectives.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.