You will be working as a Sales and Service Specialist primarily selling BNA instruments and then providing expert hands-on technical expertise in all aspects of installation, commissioning, customer training, maintenance, fault-finding and customer support for Bruker Nano Analytics products as required.
The primary objective is to be an efficient and effective member of the team in delivering highly competent, effective and focussed sales and technical support to the customer base to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and to further the professional image of the Company.
- Prospecting for new customers
- Following up sales leads provided by the company
- Presenting and demonstrating company products
- Supplying quotations and technical information, formulating sales strategies, as well as negotiating and securing sales orders
- Maintain contact with existing customers to assure their satisfaction, develop good working relationships with OEM salespeople, collect and report market information and provide routine sales forecastsSupport responsibilities
- Effective on-site support executing installation, customer training, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair for assigned products. Liaise with customers and colleagues in the site and visit planning process prior to the visits.
- Provide front line (phone, e-mail, remote log in, etc…), system level, technical support including but not limited to diagnostics, solution plans, training, and customer facing communication.
- Provide system level escalation support for a specific analytical product or group of products including but not limited to technical leadership, analysis, corrective actions, on-site execution, and effective communication to both internal team and customer.
- Develop and maintain expert level technical proficiency for assigned products. Develop operation and basic application training to customers.
- Create, develop and continuously improve customer support & applications knowledge database.
- Provide post-sales basic applications support.
- Assist with conferences, exhibitions and workshops as necessary. Provide technical input to the sales team in routine & non-routine sales cases.
- Extensive travel predominantly in UK and Europe, also occasionally to other international locations.
- Accurate record keeping and timely submission of reports, including but not limited to service, quality and expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position reports to the Americas Sales/Service Manager, who will agree expectations, offer guidance as necessary and provide framework support. Day-to-day priorities will be set by the Team Leader.
This position is home-based in Mexico.