As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve the safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing the quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 90 locations on all continents.
The Applications Specialist is responsible for analytical methods development based in our Application Development Laboratory in Madrid (Spain) according to the new analytical needs in the following markets: Foods, Environmental and Toxicology/Forensic, mainly. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the methods implementation at customer´s facility according to specifications from customers and sales representatives. Analytical techniques to cover include: GC, HPLC, GCMS & LCMS Triple Quadrupole and UHR-QTOF.
- Develop new analytical methods at the Application Development Laboratory
- Analysis of customer samples and results reporting
- Demonstration of instruments and methods to customers
- Methods implementation at customer facility
- Sales & technical internal support
- Providing advanced user training at Bruker and customer sites
- Provide answers to potential customer analytical inquiries
- Customer support (phone, e-mail etc..) for operational, technical and analytical questions
- Prepare application notes and scientific posters as well as giving scientific speeches
Education and experience:
Degree in scientific areas (BS, MSc, Ph.D). analytical chemistry, chemistry engineering or related field with a reasonable experience in laboratory work covering chromatography and mass spectrometry is preferred.
Experience with analytical instrumentation software products, advanced user of MS Office databases and networking it´s a must.
Other Skills & Abilities:
Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, needed with a wide variety of knowledge levels with customers and in-house staff. Organizational abilities and self-motivational skills. Positive attitude and strong sense of commitment for teamwork. Adaptive to dynamic and changing environments. Ability to teach analytical techniques and software operation. Ability and willingness to travel.
Experience with quality standards regulation, ENAC, ASTM, UNE in lab. environment will be valuable.
Spanish as native language
English: reading, writing and speaking fluently it´s a must
Others like Portuguese, German or French would be valuable.