The function of the Production Team Co-Worker is to be a flexible and productive member of the production team, making a maximum contribution to the overall production effort and efficiency.
The primary objective is to work as flexibly as possible within the production team, acquiring knowledge of a number of tasks with the ability to be able to move between tasks on a rota basis or as the need arises.
Job duties will include the following:
• a wide range of production tasks in a team sharing role
• successfully undertake training to become proficient in the operation of a wide variety of plant and equipment, including the extrusion press
• manual handling of machinery and plant
• visual inspection, coiling, materials movement
• contribute to increased product throughput, quality and consistency
• assisting maintenance teams with fault diagnosis and repair
• accurate, legible and timely document completion is pre-requisite
A high sense of responsibility and attention to detail is required in a role that can affect the safety and well-being of others and the operational efficiency of the manufacturing plant. A positive attitude and the ability to relate to others and flexibility, even under pressure, is necessary for successful performance of the duties.
To carry out the duties to the level expected, the minimum competencies are:
• an enthusiastic and likeable personality
• self-motivation and the ability to spontaneously offer assistance where required
• willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
• the ability to contribute to a team effort, yet to accept responsibility for an individual role within the team.
• to have completed an apprenticeship or hold a Craftsmanship certificate is desirable but not essential
• experience in manual processes to a good standard of workmanship
• exemplary attendance records for team cohesion
• a good team player.
Skills and Experience
• manually dexterous and familiarity with the use of hand and machine tools
• operation of CNC machinery
• prepared to learn to operate sophisticated plant and machinery
• experience in a manufacturing environment and working with manufacturing systems coupled with an awareness of Health & Safety issues involved in such an environment
• physical fitness for a fair amount of manual handling.