As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
NI within Bruker is a business unit supporting nanomechanical and nanotribological test equipment. The position will be responsible for supporting product marketing activities for in-situ nanomechanical microscopy products (MP) for various microscopes (TEM, SEM, FIB-SEM, XRM, SPM, optical, Raman, etc.) and product line extensions in this category.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops product requirements and specifications for existing BU technology - product extension, derivative product
- Supports the development of market requirements and promotion for specific products or product lines including strategy and product definition, requirement analysis and pricing
- Supports product field issues from plant and communicates shipment or product issues to the field
- Provides primary business planning interface to Sales, Operations, and Finance teams for marketing process
- Provides and coordinates Sales and Marketing case inputs for product life cycle process
- Develops product roadmaps, product strategy and product pre-launch forecasts
In addition, the candidate will also have a tactical supporting role for assigned NI product lines. This includes management of the specials process, price list management, VC configuration and feature descriptions, margin analysis process, ECO reviews, win/loss reports, generation of DERs and assistance for forecasting exercises.
- Responsible for creation and implementation of product line business plans and roadmaps, including leading competitive analysis, and formulating product positioning including price-value positioning and competitive positioning
- Identifies customer needs, leads new product concept definition and assesses attractiveness of new opportunities and potential market size
- Manages marketing forecasting and business processes including:
- Annual long-range planning, monthly production planning, and weekly booking forecasts and revenue management reviews
- Product price book administration, SAP product configuration, demo unit budgeting and delivery, and custom/customized product resource allocation planning
- Creates and manages Marketing Requirement Specifications (MRS) for new products and drives Product Lifecycle (PLC) process
- Defines product requirements based on inputs from customers, Sales, market intelligence and technical inputs from R&D
- Develops business case (KPI)
- Owns marketing input into PLC process and is responsible for overseeing product launch and product penetration strategies
- Communicates account strategies and customer updates to the teams
- Sets product pricing guidelines for existing product lines and for new product line
- Supports Sales in answering technical questions regarding product configurations and specifications
- Supports Sales in facilitating the development of Sales collateral (e.g., Sales presentations, brochures, applications notes, etc.)
- Pre-sales technical escalation of product technology questions
- Drives promotion plans and tactical sales initiatives
- Interacts with Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales to enhance existing product(s) or product lines
- Responds to Sales tactical marketing requests for product information, discounts, etc.