As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Primary duties will include:
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on machinery and mechanical equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand power tools.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Shift Hours are 7:00AM- 7:00 PM (Team A)
• The ability to perform occasional heavy physical work, including lifting 50 pounds
• High School diploma or equivalent; vocational degree in industrial maintenance preferred.
• 3 – 5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
• Perform welding operations to make repairs or fabricate parts.
• Basic knowledge of electrical control and PLC systems.
• Basic mechanical aptitude. Ability to troubleshoot mechanical systems.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Able to diagnose and analyze mechanical problems.
• Fundamental PC skills. Required to open and close automated PM’s and work orders.
• Able to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers.
• Operate machine shop equipment, lathes, milling, drill press and pedestal grinder safely.
• Disciplined in following standard operating procedures
• Other duties as required
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.