The function of the Field Service Engineer is to provide expert hands-on technical expertise in all aspects of installation, commissioning, basic customer training, maintenance, fault-finding and customer support in respect of the company’s products. The primary objective is to be an efficient and effective member of the Customer Service team in delivering highly competent, effective and focussed solution support to the customer base to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and to further the professional image of the Company.
Working as a member of the Service Team involved in the installation, maintenance, service and solution support of our range of instrumentation, duties will include:
- Familiarisation with specific instrumentation prior to installation from issued documentation and/or participation in the final testing process in the factory
- Liaise with customers and colleagues in the site planning process prior to installation
- Inspect, install, set up, test and achieve specifications of systems and accessories at customers’ sites, and deliver basic operator training
- Carry out breakdown and planned maintenance at customers’ sites across entire EMEA territory (might include African countries and ME countries)
- Provide technical, software and application related support and assistance to customers and to colleagues, either directly or by remote diagnosis
- Carry out procedures necessary to validate systems to certifiable standards
- Provide technical input to the sales team in non-routine sales cases
- Frequent travel within Ireland and also to the UK is an essential part of the job. Significant travel to customer sites abroad is also expected especially within Europe.
Activities will cover all products manufactured or represented by the Company. Specialism in certain products, technologies or ranges may form an additional responsibility that will make use of acquired skills and experience. Accurate record keeping and timely submission of documentation is pre-requisite.
Duties will be carried out mainly in Central and Northern Europe, however it is expected that requirements to provide field service support on customers’ premises in other parts of the world or at the factory will be significant as well.