SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Designs and analyzes opto-mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Develops products and systems. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Produces documentation for assembly and installation of mechanical components. Fabricates prototypes.
- Design opto-mechanical and mechanical products and systems. Apply principles of mechanics, materials, and optics. (60%)
- Design and conduct testing to assess product performance. (15%)
- Assist support, service, and manufacturing team members in learning new features/products as well as help identify, troubleshoot, and correct any defects. (10%)
- Fabricate prototypes utilizing equipment such as mills, lathes, and 3D printers. (5%)
- Research and identify customer issues. (5%)
- Maintain a Vaulted part database. (5%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mechanical and opto-mechanical design.
- Computer Aided Design (Autodesk Mechanical Desktop, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks).
- Machining (fabrication).
- Design for Manufacturing.ADDED CONSIDERATION:Experience working with measurement and analog/digital I/O hardware.Technical writing skills.
- Experience with confocal microscopy imaging.