To carry out the duties to the level expected, the minimum competencies are:
- Personable, approachable and able to communicate easily and effectively at all levels
- Have excellent people skills
- Ability to proactively and effectively respond to urgent or rapidly changing situations
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to a large team and effectively exercise delegated authority
- A very high standard of personal presentation.
- Strong interest to learn in a world class High-Tech Company and interact with people from multiple research areas (e.g. Engineers, Chemists, Medical Researchers, etc.)
- A degree level engineering qualification (or equivalent) or be able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience.
- A solid background in technologically advanced instrumentation
- A good of both spoken and written English. Additional European language is a plus
- A current valid driving license
- No visa or other restriction preventing travel in the USA or EU.
Skills and Experience
- Understanding of the Company’s products, suppliers and core technologies
- Demonstrable ability to lead and motivate others and contribute to the organisation of a large department of skilled individuals
- Good personnel skills
- Willingness to expend personal effort to meet and exceed expectations
- Good computer literacy, especially with regard to document and presentation
Good communication skills in English, written and spoken.