SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for carrying out day to day research and testing activities in the Nanomechanics Research Laboratory (NRL). This includes testing of customer samples, performing demonstrations of instrument capabilities, and performing research for publication.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: None
- Demonstration testing of samples to include project sample preparation, testing, and analysis.15%
- Perform contract testing services as requested by Manager.10%
- Testing method development 5%
- Analysis of results reports for customers 30%
- Demonstrations of equipment and training for customers 13%
- Evaluation of updated equipment and software 7%
- Equipment troubleshooting 5%
- Internal training of Employees on proper operation of Platform Series Instruments. 2%
- Technical communication with customers regarding project clarification and testing development. 13%
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Hysitron products.
- Ability to work with members of management and customers in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.