As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The Bruker Nano Analytics (BNA) Division, headquartered at Bruker Nano GmbH in Berlin, Germany, develops, manufactures and markets X-ray systems and components for elemental and structural analysis on the micro- and nano-scale.
BNA's product range comprises analytical tools for electron microscopes, including energy-dispersive X-ray spectrometers (EDS), wavelength-dispersive X-ray spectrometers (WDS), electron backscatter diffraction systems (EBSD), micro-spot X-ray sources for Micro-XRF on SEM and micro computed tomography (Micro-CT) accessories, as well as mobile and bench-top micro X-ray fluorescence (Micro-XRF) and total reflection X-ray fluorescence (TXRF) spectrometers.
- Effective on-site support executing installation, customer training, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair for assigned products. Liaise with customers and colleagues in the site and visit planning process prior to the visits.
- Provide front line (phone, e-mail, remote log in, etc…), system level, technical support including but not limited to diagnostics, solution plans, training, and customer facing communication.
- Provide system level escalation support for a specific analytical product or group of products including but not limited to technical leadership, analysis, corrective actions, on-site execution, and effective communication to both internal team and customer.
- Develop and maintain expert level technical proficiency for assigned products. Develop operation and basic application training to customers.
- Create, develop and continuously improve customer support & applications knowledge database.
- Provide post-sales basic applications support.
- Assist with conferences, exhibitions and workshops as necessary. Provide technical input to the sales team in routine & non-routine sales cases.
- Extensive travel predominantly in Japan, also occasionally to other international locations.
- Accurate record keeping and timely submission of reports, including but not limited to service, quality and expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outgoing and good at building relationships through inspiring trust and confidence
- A professional image and a very high standard of personal presentation
- Self-motivation and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
- The ability to contribute to a team effort, yet to accept responsibility for an individual role within the team
- Excel at continual learning in a rapidly advancing technological area.
- A Bachelors level qualification in electrical or electronic engineering, physics or any science related discipline or be able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience
- A solid technical or scientific background gained in industry or academia
- A valid driving licence
Skills and Experience
- The capacity to take responsibility for the complete installation and commissioning of sophisticated instrumentation and to instruct users in its basic operation and applications.
- Able to experiment, test, diagnose, troubleshoot complex cutting edge instrumentation using standard tools such as oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.
- Good computer literacy, including familiarity with data system hardware and industry standard operating systems
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good spoken and written English and Japanese
- Experience is using SEM’s and TEM’s will be an advantage