Canopy Biosciences, a Bruker Company, is seeking a Director of Research and Development (R&D) responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the research and development activities for ChipCytometry, a multiplexed cyclic immunofluorescence technology. The Director of R&D will work with Product Management to develop long-term research goals and objectives that align with the company’s strategic plan. They will also be responsible for managing the research budget, overseeing the work of research staff, and ensuring that research projects are completed on time and within budget. The Director of R&D will also be responsible for communicating the results of research projects to the executive team, Operations, Product Management, and other interested parties.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Ph.D. or equivalent in life sciences or a related field, and at least 10 years of experience in research and development management. He or she will have a track record of successful project management, and experience leading a team of research scientists and technicians. The Director of R&D must also be an excellent communicator, with the ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop and implement the research and development roadmap in alignment with the company’s business strategy and Product Management roadmap
· Lead a team of researchers to create new products, processes, or services that solve real-world problems
· Generate new ideas for products, services, or processes through brainstorming sessions with internal and external stakeholders
· Develop detailed plans for new product development projects, including timelines, budgets, and resource requirements
· Oversee all stages of product development, from concept to launch, ensuring quality standards are met
· Manage relationships with external partners, such as suppliers, manufacturers, and academic institutions
· Evaluate the commercial viability of new products, processes, or services before taking them to market
· Monitor industry trends and competitor activity to ensure the company’s offerings remain competitive
· Present findings and recommendations to senior management on a regular basis
· Secure funding for research and development projects from internal and external sources
· Stay up-to-date on latest advancements in technology and science
· Serve as a technology ambassador, giving scientific presentations to prospective customers and identifying opportunities to educate the market on Canopy’s technology
Required Skills and Qualifications
· 10+ years experience in research and development, with 5+ years in a leadership role
· Deep knowledge of spatial proteomics, transcriptomics, microscopy, and histology
· Proven track record of successful product development from concept to commercialization
· Extensive experience managing and mentoring teams of scientists
· Strong project management skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Bachelor’s degree in life science, or related field; M.S or Ph.D. preferred
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays and tuition assistance (as applicable)
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Software Powered by iCIMS